Saturday, February 19, 2011

February 2011 BookPage

First glance thru this month's BookPage left me little to be excited about - but then, I was feeling rushed & stressed & in desperate need of a relaxing diversion.  Unfortunately, due to the rushed & stressed, I couldn't seem to get my mind diverted.

Fast forward to today: the first day in weeks I feel like I can truly relax, altho there is quite a bit still on my to-do-list.  The difference is I don't have looming & demanding deadlines tonight.  However, tomorrow is, indeed, another day.

So while I patiently waited for a video from last night's annual dinner (one of my distracting deadlines) to upload (it never did), I grabbed my BookPage from the in-box...  and promptly fell in love!

Many, many titles in this issue that have peaked my interest!  By the way, I'm fully aware these may be duplicates from other BookPages & To Read Lists.  ~sigh~

Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks
Under the Mercy Trees by Heather Newton
Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez
How I Planned Your Wedding by Susan Wiggs & Elizabeth Wiggs Maas
Gone by Mo Hayder
These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf
Angel Sister by Ann H. Gabhart
Delirious by Daniel Palmer
The Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
The Last Time They Met by Anita Shreve
Bloodroot by Amy Greene
Swamplandia! by Karen Russell
Prayers & Lies by Sherri Wood Emmons
The Red Garden by Alice Hoffman
The Fates Will Find Their Way by Hannah Pittard
Pictures of You by Caroline Leavitt
The Diviner's Tale by Bradford Morrow
J.D. Salinger: A Life by Kenneth Slawenski
Trapped by Michael Northrop

~sigh~  So many books, so little time...

No comments: