Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Presumed Innocent

This is the book that started it all...  I saw the movie Presumed Innocent and was so intrigued I went out & bought the book the next day.  I absolutely thought it was the best book I had ever read (at the time) and fell in love with legal thrillers.  And not just legal thrillers, but the law in general. 

That was many, many years ago and I've, unfortunately, left Scott Turow behind - he is not forgotten, tho, and he is definitely fondly remembered.  I definitely plan to begin reading him again someday, and hopefully, soon (whenever will this crazy 161 Project be done???).  Until then, I'm catching up with Turow's Rusty Sabich, the main character in Presumed Innocent, via TNT's Mystery Movie Night with the premiere air play of Innocent

Innocent

No Harrison Ford, no Raul Julia (RIP), no Bonnie Bedilia, but I'm enjoying it just the same.  I can tell - again - so much is missing, skipped over, pushed into the (less than) 2-hour time span.  Guess this means I'll be adding Innocent to my reading pile sooner rather than later.

***update***  I did NOT like this movie!  Hope the book is better.  :/

No comments: